Saturday, December 31, 2016

Day 3

Happy New Year's Eve!
I'm sorry that I haven't written in a while but things got super busy towards the holiday.
Our Christmas went great! The husband came in and we had a great little short week together.

Monday we took little man to this awesome place called "Funbelievable". We go on Monday's because they have a "hero day" and we get in for $5. I love that now he can have a memory with Dad being present because he loves this place.

They have this huge ball pit that I want to copy in our backyard because he loves it so much. They also have these plastic ball pits that you can sit in - which I copied at home already.
Anyway we had a lot of tun and I'm glad that Dad came with us and they both had a ton of fun together. It was also nice to sit back and watch him run around instead of chasing him everywhere.

After we left "Funbelieveable" we came home and put the nursery furniture together. I love how the room just came together and though it's still a work in progress, it feels more like a nursery now.
 All of the decals are on the wall now, and the curtains are almost ready. I bought the wrong size so I had to send those back for a bigger size. The room is as complete as it's going to get. I share a picture in a different post about the nursery.

On Tuesday we got to see the baby during the 20 week anatomy scan. I was super excited that my husband got to see the baby, It's his second ultrasound .. the first was at 9 weeks.. so this was a huge deal for me that he was there.

The baby is happy & healthy. He is growing exactly the way he should be and it was confirmed that he is in fact a BOY. Which was a great thing considering his room & all that have already been purchased. I think I'd cry my eyes out if I had to redo it all for a girl.

Wednesday we stayed home and just enjoyed having each other home. I finally started baking some cookies for the holiday but it's hard to get motivated when you are so tired dall the time. I didn't really care about the sweets this year.

Thursday we met a friend for lunch at Dave n Busters and then we met another group of friends for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was a fun packed day for sure!!

Friday we got family pictures done. We haven't really had any family photo's done since little man was born so we were very overdue. A friend of mine is a photographer and we usually get our pictures done through her since she does such an amazing job. I also got some maternity pictures done since I didn't have any done with thomas & I'm far enough along to really show now. This picture is my favorite of all of them. What a cute little family we are huh? lol

I started a Turkey brine on Friday, Saturday we prepped for the remainder of Christmas day and Christmas Day we had some friends over to celebrate with that included a huge dinner. I was exhausted but I was thankful to be surrounded by friends who have become family.

On the 26th we got up and went about an hour away to a mountain that was covered in snow!!! Yes snow!!! That close to us too!!! We had a blast, I had a blast, I have missed the cold and the snow and I was like a kid in a candy store! We just had the most incredible time.

I haven't been around snow since 2009 and it was an easy way to show my husband how much I miss the colder weather. Plus it was also nice to get an idea of what my husband lives with in Maine. He said before they left it was -2 with a windshield -17. That's insanely cold.

After the snow we went around to have lunch and ended up at our outlet/casino area. We got a fancy pizza, that wasn't that good, and our friends had mexican food. We headed home after that.

Tuesday my husband got me a 1 1/2 hour prenatal massage - which I dearly needed. Then after that we had a friend come watch little man so that we could go on a date. The same friend gave us a dinner gift card and movie tickets. So we went to go see "Passanger" which was really good. It was bitter sweet but I thought it was funny that the last movie I saw in theater also had Chris Pratt in it. After our movie date we ended up back home to start laundry so we could start packing him for his plane ride the next day.

Wednesday we took my husband to the airport and he left.  So now we start our count down all over again, and this time I thought we'd start with the days going up since it's more OPSEC approved. Oh and before I forget.. I didn't tell you what I got for my main Christmas present.. ready??

We got another puppy!!! I drove past a guy who was selling puppies & they happen to be Pomeranian pups. Well he's a pom/min american husky mix. The guy had tried to sell them for weeks and decided to try over by our flea market.. he only wanted $100 so I grabbed the only male they had left. I named him Jackson "Jack Jack" and he is prefect. He has really just fit right in and has helped calm Bella down SO very much! She needed a play mate to get all that energy out I guess because she is like a different dog now.

He is now 11 weeks old, almost 12 weeks. I got him at 9 weeks.

Best Christmas present ever! 
(aside from the husband coming home) 
(Jackson up front and Bella back behind).

Alright i'm all caught up on events for the week of Christmas. Today is New Years Eve and I have a huge post for resolution(ish) things... so I hope to get that posted either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a very safe New Years! May 2017 fill you & yours will many blessings, health and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment